Life has changed a lot over the last school year. Maybe some of you have gotten jobs, others are thinking about plans after high school, and still others have begun applying to colleges.
- What are a few things that have changed for you over the past school year? (Accept all reasonable responses.)
- What are some changes you anticipate over the summer? (Accept all reasonable responses.)
- What are some things that have stayed the same during this year? (Accept all reasonable responses.)
One thing that has changed in the recent world of technology is the use of artificial intelligence, or AI. For many years, AI felt like a far-off thing, but with the invention of software like Chat GPT, AI is quickly becoming part of many people’s lives. Let’s watch a quick video about this incredible technology:
Share the following video with your students [2:22]:
How To Use Chat GPT by Open AI For Beginners
- What are some of the potentially helpful features of this technology? (Brainstorming, generating essay ideas, creating website copy, editing skills, etc.)
- What are some of the potential downsides of this technology? (Plagiarism, getting technology to do your work for you, etc.)
Most of us would probably agree that new technologies have been positive overall. But change always has a price tag. AI items like Chat GPT might help with brainstorming essay topics or assist businesses in writing website copy. However, there are potential negative uses of this technology, such as plagiarism or getting AI to do your work for you..
Whether the outcome is mostly good or mostly bad, it’s hard to live through periods of life when it seems like everything is in flux. You can feel excited and worried and sad and angry, all in the same day . . . or maybe the same minute! You might even feel that way right now.
- What’s one thing that has helped you cope with changes in your life, even when things seem uncertain? (Accept all reasonable answers.)
Our lives change all the time. Often, that’s a good thing, but many times, the changes around us can cause concern or frustration. But since God is already perfect, He has no reason to be different. Let’s explore three short passages from the Bible that show God’s unchanging character.