Watch this video with your class and then discuss the following questions [3:23]:
“People Rescue Stray Dog and Her Babies from Drain Pipe”
- Have you or your family ever had to rescue a stray animal before? (Answers will vary.)
- This video features not one, but two inspiring caregivers. What are they? (First, this gives us a picture of the mother dogs and their natural instinct to care for their babies. Secondly, the human rescuers show compassion and kindness toward the stray animals.)
- Sometimes we can feel like helpless puppies, too! What do people and puppies have in common? (People still must rely on others to help in times of crisis. Many young people don’t have the life experience to solve big problems. They need help!)
- Tell about a time when you or a family member were in a scary situation. Who helped you to safety? (Allow a few students to share; do not let one student dominate the discussion.)
- Sometimes we get into trouble because of our own foolish actions; other times life can just throw us into crisis. How does God respond to us when we’re in trouble? (Even when we do something stupid, God wants to restore and protect us. In any crisis, we can know that God will take care of us.)
It is part of life to experience times of fear and crisis. Sometimes we simply need help! We’re going to learn how Samson called out for God’s help in a difficult time—and find out what God did to rescue him.