We make choices, big or small, every day in various ways. We make some choices on the spur of the moment without considering the outcome. We agonize over other choices for days. We make some choices based on what everyone else is doing. Other choices develop after thinking from deep within. Sometimes choices are made by chance, like when a coin is tossed to settle a dispute or to determine who goes first in a game.
- What choices are easy for you to make? (Answers will vary but may include: what to eat, what to wear, etc.)
- What choices are difficult for you to make? (Answers will vary; which friend to hang out with; etc.)
- When have you or someone you know made a choice based on following the crowd? (Answers will vary.)
- Have you ever faced discrimination for your faith? What was that like? (Answers will vary.)
All choices we make matter, but some have a greater impact on our lives and the lives of others. In this video, Christians in Pakistan face discrimination and persecution for their faith.
Share this video [1:59]:
Coronavirus heightens discrimination against Christians in Pakistan
- Were you surprised by the treatment of Christians in Pakistan? Why or why not? (Answers will vary.)
- If you faced this type of persecution for your faith, do you think you’d still choose to publicly follow Jesus? Why or why not? (Answers will vary.)
Under the leadership of King Ahab, the Israelites chose to worship the false god, Baal. When God sent Elijah the prophet to lead them back to Him, King Ahab and the Israelites faced a life-changing choice. Let’s see what happened.