- What does it look like to be prepared? (Answers may include: Having materials ready for school; equipment and uniform ready for my game; studied for a test; not waiting until the last minute to do something, etc.)
- Are you someone who is prepared for everything? Why or why not? (Answers will vary. Be ready to share your own experience.)
The COVID-19 pandemic wasn’t something most people weren’t prepared for. Schools had to quickly learn how to set up virtual education for students. Many offices had to send employees home to work remotely. Lots of people did not have enough food and supplies at home. Many people in elderly or vulnerable populations had a difficult time getting out and buying everything they needed. Because the pandemic happened so suddenly, most people were unprepared for what to do next.
- How does it feel to be unprepared? (Answers will vary.)
- How can being unprepared for something, like not having enough food or supplies, affect your life? (Answers will vary.)
- Why is being prepared important? (Answers may include: It sets us up to succeed; we feel confident when we know we have everything we need, etc.)
While there are situations like the COVID-19 pandemic that we can’t know about or prepare for, there are many situations that we can prepare for. In those situations, being prepared is essential for success. It creates confidence and readiness in us, no matter what we’re going to tackle.
Today we’re going to read about an extremely successful follower of Christ. His name is Paul. Why was he successful? Because he was prepared to share about the hope he had found in Jesus Christ with anyone he encountered. Paul’s close relationship with Jesus, his obedience, and his excitement in finding Christ caused him to want to share what he had found with others. He had to let them know about the hope he had found! Paul successfully spread the message of Christ throughout large parts of the world, because he was prepared to follow his heart and God’s leading. Let’s read on and find out more about Paul’s story.