- Think of a time when you helped someone. What happened? (Answers will vary. Students may talk about helping a friend, family member, someone at school, or a neighbor.)
- Can you think of a time when someone helped you? Tell us about it. (Answers will vary.)
Many people in our world need help. This has especially been true during the past three years with the pandemic, natural disasters, and economic uncertainty in our country.
Some people need physical things such as food, clothes, or medicine. Others need emotional and spiritual help such as encouragement, kindness, and comfort. If we look around at our neighbors and the people we know, it’s easy to see people who need help.
Let’s watch a video about a man who helped someone recently.
Share the following video [5:05; stop at 3:10]:
Giving a Struggling Family $40,000
- What did Jimmy do to help Jose and his wife? (Jimmy and his followers raised money to help them.)
- How do you think Jose and his wife felt after receiving this money? (They felt blessed, relieved from financial strain, thankful, etc.)
- Why is it important to help people we know are struggling? (Answers will vary)
- Do you think Jimmy would have been able to carry out this act of kindness without the help of this followers? (No. Their donations and support made this act of kindness possible.)
While most of us can’t help someone by giving a large sum of money, when we look at our friends, family members, and community, we can keep our eyes open for ways we can help. We have Someone with us at all times that helps us help others. Let’s discover what Jesus taught us about the Holy Spirit.