Before class, write the following words at the top of the whiteboard or screenshared document: INTEGRITY, HUMILITY, WORSHIP.
- Who are some of your favorite celebrities, musicians, public figures, and activists? Why do you like them? (Accept all reasonable answers and write the names students share on the whiteboard or screenshared document.)
Once there are plenty of names listed, read one name aloud at a time. After you read the name, invite teens to respond to the following questions about each person listed.
- Integrity: Does this person exhibit honesty and integrity in all areas of his or her life?
- Humility: Does this person demonstrate humility, or do they appear prideful?
- Worship: Who or what does this person worship?
Accept all reasonable answers for each person. Talk through as many of the names as time allows before moving on to the next questions.
- Do you think the people we listed today live by a code of behavior? If so, how is that code different from the godly characteristics we discussed? (Answers will vary.)
- Do you think living by a biblical standard is important for Christians? Why or why not? (Accept all reasonable answers.)
We can learn a lot about a person by the way they live and by who or what they worship. We can show our identity as believers by the ways we live and worship too. Showing up for a worship service once a week to pay tribute to God can’t hold a candle to living a lifestyle of worship on a daily basis. Let’s see what God has to say about it.